Thursday 25 October 2007

Qualms of Homesickness

Well, it’s been a month since I moved here. I’m still feeling horrible sick – Homesick! Every day, I’m persuading my parents to come to London to stay with me.... and more often than now, it goes like this ---

Conversation 1

Me: When do you want to come over? I’m waiting! My apartment is one of the nicest in town

Papa: No no no…. Papa is not free. And remember you’re there to study, okay.

Me: Of course I know. I’ll work hard. Have no worries, I will get a good degree in the end. What about I suggest you guys to come over in Jan next year? …Where I will have a 3-week holidays before I start a new term.

Papa: I’ll see how. Why not you travel around Europe with Nadia during your holidays?

Me: *I stoned for a moment*. This is a good idea but you gotta pay for everything k haha! But if you and mommy are coming over, we can travel around Europe together too
.

Conversation 2

Me: When are you coming over? I’m waiting! London is a shopping paradise… only if you have a big sum of money in the pocket. Wahahaha.

Mommy: How nice is it? Are there any sales during this period of time?

Me: Yes… there are sales around but could hardly find those that suit you though. Lol

Mommy: I would prefer to go after winter time; maybe around June next year, during summer time. And most probably will be coming with Teng.

Me: What? June? You can come in Jan if you don’t mind! I will have a 3-week holidays before I start a new term.

Mommy: I’m just afraid the weather is too cold and I will be lazy to get out of the house and go shopping with you.

Me: True. But you’ve got no other choice. I need your companion.

Mommy: Whatever it is, you don’t worry about that first. Concentrate on your studies okay. Then if you really want mommy to go over, you should talk to papa about it. Hehehe…

Conversation 3


Me: Both of you are going to attend my convocation which will take place at Cardiff, if I’m not wrong, and around this time next year, right?

Mommy: No. Papa will attend. I’m not going.

Me: Huh? How can this be?

Mommy: we can’t travel together. We need someone to stay at home and look after our dogs.

Me: Yea I know. But I’m sure both the parents of my classmates will attend the convo. How can I only have papa attending; other people might think that I have an ‘incomplete’ family.

Mommy: They won’t think like you.

=_='

Being independent is not the hardest thing. But since I moved to London, I've always felt a need to feel psychically closer.

I miss the hugs! I miss hugging Mommy from the back and I'd try stopping her to walk forward; I hugged her tightly in bed at night while she was sleeping soundly and in my heart I prayed for her; as for papa, I liked to put my hand over his shoulders and greeted him by calling out his full name ^^; and once in a blue moon, he'd pull me close and give me a big hug.

Lastly, I miss his silly faces; I miss his sexy lips; I miss his smiles; I miss his laughs; I miss the goofy things that he does to me and I miss his hugs!!! I Miss You Neng =)

No comments:

The Cutest Kitty